Ipsy Glam Bag – June 2016
Ipsy is one of my favorite makeup subscriptions that I subscribe too… (shh, don’t tell Birchbox). I literally love the bags that the products come in. This months theme is “rebel rebel” which features a graffiti print. The material feels as soft as velvet and seems to be pretty good quality. The reason that I enjoy Ipsy so much is because the variety of makeup you receive. I am really excited about two special products — the activated charcoal scrub and the Vasanti Eyeliner. For only $10 a month, you get some high quality products. Usually they are products that I’ve never tried before, so it’s a great opportunity. Plus, it feels like Christmas every month when it comes!
- derma e Purifying Daily Detox Scrub full size: $15.50 — The lightweight heavy lifter. This daily detox scrub lifts away the bad stuff (pollutants) without stripping skin of the good stuff (moisture). How? Activated charcoal gently pulls 100-200x its weight in impurities right off your skin.
- Potassium-rich Kimarine® Wakame protects skin against environmental pollutants.
- Bladderwrack, a mineral-rich seaweed, hydrates and nourishes.
- Apricot Seed Powder exfoliates without irritating.
2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Lounge full size: $19 — Shade shifter. This multifaceted shadow switches up its look in different lighting. Duo the intrigue. Duo the fun.
- Feels like velvet. Glides on softly. Looks like wow.
- Lasts all day (and all night). Won’t get caught up in your creases.
- Lounge is a decadent reddish-brown topped with teal-green shimmer.
3. Crown Brush 3 Tone Bronzer full size: $19.99 — The best things come in three’s. Bronze, blush and highlight your way to a summer glow that goes the distance. Bonus? Blend together for a fourth fun shade.
- A bronzer, blush and highlighter—all in one petite palette.
- Subtle shimmer that’s perfect for day or night.
- Mix them up or leave them alone. Create as many looks as you like.
4. Julie G Nail Color in Tropical Matte full size: $3.99 — Ipsters get it first. Hands-down the color of the summer, this latest shade from the Julie G collection is a sultry turquoise that dries to a matte finish.
- Incredibly pigmented color
- Glides on smoothly
5. Vasanti Kajal Waterline Eyeliner in Intense Black full size $19 — Finally, an eyeliner you don’t have to be afraid of! Mastering the new tightlining trend is a breeze: just apply Kajal Waterline Eyeliner to your upper and lower waterlines -and ta da! You’ve got bright, youthful, sultry eyes with an easy-glide, mess free application. It’s formulated for the most sensitive of eyes for a comfortable and long-lasting velvety matte finish you can count on.
Overall this was a pretty good bag. I am probably never going to use the nail polish because I get my nails done professionally. I might use this on my toes in a couple weeks, but we’ll see. I am going to have to experiment with the Urban Decay eyeshadow, because it is a completely different color than what I would ever go for. I am happy about the scrub and also very happy with the eyeliner. I’ve already swatched the eyeliner and it goes on smooth and does not want to come off. A good waterproof black eyeliner is essential. I hope I convinced you to subscribe to Ipsy… I promise it’s way worth the $10 a month, and you’ll love it.